People volunteer for many different reasons – whatever your reason we would love to hear from you. Please contact us and we will send you our volunteer’s information pack and application form. All new volunteers must undergo a training course and we will hold your application on file and contact you when we are having our next course.
Some Points to Consider:
• All new volunteers will be required to attend an initial training course. These are held periodically and last approximately 5 days. Other training opportunities are also available after the initial course.
• It is an advantage, but not essential, to have previous experience or qualifications in Support Work. All you need is common sense, to be a good listener and be non- judgmental.
• All volunteers have to consent to an enhanced Criminal Records check.
• Volunteering won’t necessarily be time consuming, but we ask you to give the scheme your commitment and deal with every client to the best of your ability. Some people request/ require a visit, while other referrals only require a telephone call.
• Out of pocket expenses are reimbursed and we will issue you with a mobile phone.
• It is an advantage that a volunteer has transport, but it is not essential.
• Everything discussed with a victim MUST be in complete confidence; the only exception to this is any discussions between the volunteer and Scheme Manager.
• Volunteers are supervised and supported by staff